Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
To assist the Director of Special Programs while ensuring efficiency and organization of the office in a consistent manner. Help facilitate efficient operations, providing clerical support to the administrative staff.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and projects in order to meet timelines
Ability to handle day-to-day disruptions and requirements as necessary with a positive attitude
Ability to multi-task
Ability to answer multi-line phone system
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to enjoy day-to-day interactions
One to three years secretarial experience, preferably in public education environment
Data processing skills preferred
Customer service experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1) Maintain professional decorum and protect confidentiality of all staff, parents, and students.
2) Adhere to time schedule for completing projects.
3) Facilitate friendly, comfortable working environment.
4) Copy, file, and distribute records.
5) Follow good business practices, and provide detailed, accurate work.
6) Keep accurate records of students, including all PEIMS data.
7) Maintain professional relationships with staff members and administrators.
8) Maintain appropriate business hours, professional dress, language, behavior and work area.
9) Copy records to send to receiving districts.
10) Maintain SHARS data
11) The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign orther duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the
applicable job function and pay grade.
Personal computer, printer, copier, fax machine and calculator
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress; work iwth frequent interruptions. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged us of
computer. Some light lifting is required.