Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
REPORTS TO: Principal
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
PAY RANGE: $13.50-$17.50
WORK DAYS: 182 C Days
LOCATION: Kingsland Texas
This position is grant funded and will only be funded through the 2022-2023 school year.
Please visit our website www.orendaeducation.org to learn more about our great organization!
Assists in the planning and implementation of academic activities that meets the individual needs of the student. Works as part of a team of educators to create and produce curriculum for students. Responsible for regular notes that reflect the academic and interactive progress of students.
- Assessment testing for newly admitted students
- Support and encouragement to students in assisting them in learning and completing assignments
- Provide behavior and classroom management support
- Feedback on students in the daily milieu
- Documents students’ progress on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Protects confidentiality of students and peers
- Participates in gathering assessment information for each student and, as a team member, plan for student success
- Advocates for and responds to the needs of students
- Approaches responsibilities with enthusiasm, dedication, and energy
- Punctual so the team is in attendance at the start of school
- Performs duties efficiently and is self-motivated to problem solve
- Interacts with students, families, visitors and co-workers with respect
- Approaches others with a positive attitude
- Refrains from gossip
- Offers problem-solving ideas
- Strives for professional excellence
- Follows dress code
- Adheres to policies and procedures
- Monitors students for safety
- Assists teacher in assessing the academic abilities of students
- Assists teacher in performance improvement of student academic progress
- CIP, CPR, First Aid, Valid Texas Driver’s License, annual required staff development
- Must have and maintain a level of general physical/ emotional health, which permits effective performance and duties.
- Involves both in-door and out-door activities, on campus and off campus.
- Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have at least one of the following:
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Completed two years of Study at an Institute of Higher Education (48 hours)
- Passed a rigorous state or local assessment demonstrating knowledge of, ad the ability to assist in; instruction reading;; writing and math. (Paraprofessional Academy through Education Service Center)
- Previous experience with children in a professional educational setting.
- Ability to plan and carry out activities for students that promote cooperative, support interactions.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefit options, including:
- Participation in the Texas Teachers Retirement System
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life, Term Life, Permanent Life and Accident Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 403b and 457b Investment Plans
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Critical Illness, Cancer Insurance
- Legal Services