Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
About Eagle Christian Academy:
The mission of Eagle Christian Academy is to provide each child with an outstanding, traditional education in a loving, Christian environment. We channel our energies to promote high academic standards while helping students achieve skills in creative and critical thinking—using the best integrated curriculum available. The uniqueness of each child shall be valued within an atmosphere of challenging academic standards and nurturing support. Within this atmosphere, ECA seeks to integrate family involvement with highly qualified and dedicated Christian faculty and to provide a foundation for each child to reach his or her full potential—spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically.
Basic Job Summary:
The Computer Science Department is responsible for the computer science education of students in Pre-K through 12th Grade. Computer science classes are taught in the schools' computer labs; at other times the labs are open for use by students, faculty, and staff.
- Instruct students on how computers work, including the basic science and mathematics behind their operation and the hardware and the software built on those foundations.
- Teach students how to write computer programs, algorithms, and programming languages.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in computer science.
- Utilize various curriculum resources such as Code.org, TEALs, CodeHS and CommonSense Media.
- Supports ECA’s mission to foster each child’s intellectual development, love of learning and strength of character.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers as needed.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Contribute to and help implement whole school technology vision
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and valid Texas teaching certificate
- Ideal candidates would have experience teaching at the elementary & secondary level
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Placement preferred but not necessary