Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
About Eagle Christian Academy:
The mission of Eagle Christian Academy is to provide each child with an outstanding, traditional education in a loving, Christian environment. We channel our energies to promote high academic standards while helping students achieve skills in creative and critical thinking—using the best integrated curriculum available. The uniqueness of each child shall be valued within an atmosphere of challenging academic standards and nurturing support. Within this atmosphere, ECA seeks to integrate family involvement with highly qualified and dedicated Christian faculty and to provide a foundation for each child to reach his or her full potential—spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically.
- This role will be responsible for teaching 7th-9th grade math courses: 7th grade math, Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1.
- Supports ECA’s mission to foster each child’s intellectual development, love of learning and strength of character.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Use technologies in the teaching/learning process.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the principal.
- Bachelor’s degree and valid Texas teaching certificate
- Ideal candidates would have experience teaching at the secondary level
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Placement preferred but not necessary