Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
About Eagle Christian Academy:
The mission of Eagle Christian Academy is to provide each child with an outstanding, traditional education in a loving, Christian environment. We channel our energies to promote high academic standards while helping students achieve skills in creative and critical thinking—using the best integrated curriculum available. The uniqueness of each child shall be valued within an atmosphere of challenging academic standards and nurturing support. Within this atmosphere, ECA seeks to integrate family involvement with highly qualified and dedicated Christian faculty and to provide a foundation for each child to reach his or her full potential—spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically.
- Responsible for PE curriculum and instruction for kinder-9th grade.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members to help students improve health, behavior, and learning needs;
- Communicates with parents and staff on student progress;
- Participates in curriculum development;
- Implement, by instruction and action, ECA’s mission and core values ;
- Mediate student conflicts to the best of your ability by implementing school-wide disciplinary procedures;
- Celebrate student accomplishments;
- Hold students accountable for their academic progress;
- Strive to continually improve professional competence;
- Assist in identifying, establishing, and monitoring learning opportunities for students;
- Maintain accurate, complete, and factual records on each student as required by school;
- Assess and facilitate the strengths and needs of the whole learner: physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually/academically, and spiritually.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans and substitute lesson plans.
- Any other duties as assigned by the principal.
- Collaborate closely with the Athletic Director; particularly on school-wide events and sporting events.
- Bachelor’s degree and valid Texas teaching certificate
- Ideal candidates would have experience teaching all-level
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a school setting is required.