Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
About Eagle Christian Academy:
The mission of Eagle Christian Academy is to provide each child with an outstanding, traditional education in a loving, Christian environment. We channel our energies to promote high academic standards while helping students achieve skills in creative and critical thinking—using the best integrated curriculum available. The uniqueness of each child shall be valued within an atmosphere of challenging academic standards and nurturing support. Within this atmosphere, ECA seeks to integrate family involvement with highly qualified and dedicated Christian faculty and to provide a foundation for each child to reach his or her full potential—spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically.
- This position will be responsible for conducting Spanish classes for upper school students throughout the week.
- Supports ECA’s mission to foster each child’s intellectual development, love of learning and strength of character.
- Prepare lessons that are appropriate and engaging.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Create classroom environments conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and valid Texas teaching certificate
- Fluent in Spanish
- 3+ years teaching at the secondary level
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of differentiation in the classroom, awareness of students with special needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorders is a plus