Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Position: | Teacher | Department: | Campus
Supervisor: | Principal | Salary Range: | Board approved pay scale
Status: | Exempt | Travel: | As needed
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, knowledgeable, and responsible men and women.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Valid teacher certification appropriate for the particular assignment and grade level as required by federal, state or local regulations, laws or regulatory bodies including the No Child Left Behind Act; which includes current state certification, acceptable scores on mandatory tests or other documentation meeting the requirements set forth by our organization and /or regulatory bodies for this position.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Prior experience or formal training in working with “at-risk” students preferred.
- A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with a variety of constituencies including parents, students, and staff.
- Ability to effectively educate and manage students from varying backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Experience in effectively handling conflict.
- Must possess a sense of humor.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements the school’s mission, philosophy of education and instructional standards and objectives.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence especially as relates to the specific assignment and student grade and subject area appropriateness.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with others.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, colleagues, and parents concerning both academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
- Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Principal as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively and in concert with other RMA employees and contractors to advance a seamless, responsive and effective education environment for students.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Meet and instructs assigned students in the locations and at the time designated.
- Plans a program of study using tools provided by RMA that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a blended classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
- Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior and achievement
- Utilizes positive behavior interventions to support student progress and learning.
- Maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum standards and establishes clear objectives which reflect these standards for all lessons, units, and projects
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media
- Assesses and documents the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required
- Documents the learning problems of students and seeks the assistance of specialists as required
- Meets the needs of special programs students through effective classroom instruction, observations, assessments and inputs to prevailing oversight committees, ARD committees, 504 meetings and LPAC committees
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for educational assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with supervisors, assesses their job performance.