Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
OB TITLE: Classroom Aide
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Principal and teacher(s) assigned
PAY GRADE: CP1
DAYS IN POSITION: 187
DEPT./SCHOOL: Assigned Campus
Assist the teacher in the preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under the general supervision of the principal and the immediate direction of a certified teacher.
Must have one of the following:
1) 48 hours of college credit, or
2) Associate's Degree or higher, or
3) or have met formal academic assessment as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) such as the Paraprofessional Academy offered by a Regional Service Center
Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide instruction to students under the direction of teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Make teacher aware of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping
Motion: Moderate walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 50 pounds)
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Copperas Cove ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, or age in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, contact: Director of Human Resources, (254) 547-4460, 408 S Main, Copperas Cove, TX 76522.