Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling programs for Elementary (PK-5). Perform counseling services to help students resolve personal, emotional, and social problems that interfere with their adjustment to school and their ability to enjoy the benefits of the educational process. Function as part of the Elementary (PK-5) team to formulate plans with the campuses, student, and parents.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid Texas School Counselor Certificate
- Knowledge of individual and group counseling skills
- Strong consultation skills for conferencing with teachers, parents, and students
- Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to students, parents, and district staff
- Three (3) previous years Counseling Experience required