Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Perform on-site technical work to install and maintain computer equipment and network and software applications throughout the district or at assigned campus. Respond to work order requests by diagnosing and repairing network and technology equipment.
- Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade computers and peripherals, network cabling, and network peripherals throughout the district. Relocate computer hardware, peripherals, and equipment as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to users of computers, instructional equipment, and software.
- Install and configure application and operating system software and upgrades.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of data communications circuits and equipment.
- Assist with the organization and distribution of technology-based material for classroom use.
- Diagnose and repair network connectivity and hardware issues, including printers, terminals, IPads, Chromebooks and personal computers.
- Remove old equipment and perform data migration to new machines.
- Service equipment according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Maintain accurate updated records of preventive maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records of time and materials required to perform repairs and service.
- Maintain accurate inventory of hardware, software, and other equipment and material at assigned site(s).
- Identify, request, and control the inventory of repair parts.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.