Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
James L. Collins Catholic School is a Christ-centered environment that fosters life-long learners dedicated to academic excellence, discipleship, virtuous living, and servant leadership.
James L. Collins Catholic School (JLCCS) serves students beginning at the age of 3 years through 8th grade. JLCCS is located in the Catholic Diocese of Dallas in Texas. The school mission daily guides the campus as faculty, staff, students, and families build on a tradition of academic excellence and the formation of Christian disciples. The focus on academic excellence, spiritual growth, and social-emotional well-being is based on meeting the needs of each individual student. JLCCS has a longstanding commitment to the Corsicana community, which is evident by its longevity. JLCCS was founded in 1955 and continues to promote community service, stewardship, and kinship within Corsicana as well as Navarro County.
The Catholic elementary school teacher ensures that a Catholic learning environment is provided to meet the needs of all students while carrying out the JLCCS mission. The classroom educator is responsible to deliver instruction that is based on the approved curricula and mission of the school and will foster the intellectual, social, physical and faith development of the students. Kindergarten is a self-contained classroom.
We will look to our Elementary Teacher to
● Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
● Represent JLCCS at community functions as needed
● Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of James L. Collins Catholic School, the Diocese of Dallas, and TCCB ED
● Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
● Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the school administration with a positive Christian spirit
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and James L. Collins Catholic School.
Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in subject taught or related field from an accredited American university
● Hold & maintain a current teaching certificate
● Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching as set forth by the Diocese of Dallas and TCCB ED
● Must meet faculty/staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese and school administration
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
Follows salary schedule based on years of experience at James L. Collins Catholic School; generous benefit package included.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their letter of interest and resume including significant accomplishments to
Mrs. Lisa Hoyer, Principal
James L. Collins Catholic School
3000 West State Highway 22
Corsicana, Texas 75110