Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
POSITION: EDUCATIONAL AIDE
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
SALARY: $13.50-$19.00 hourly
WORK DAYS: 215 - 2022-2023 SY
LOCATION: NEW HORIZONS SCHOOL, GOLDTHWAITE TEXAS
Assists in the planning and implementation of academic activities that meets the individual needs of the student. Works as part of a team of educators to create and produce curriculum for students. Responsible for regular notes that reflect the academic and interactive progress of students.
- Assessment testing for newly admitted students
- Support and encouragement to students in assisting them in learning and completing assignments
- Feedback on students in the daily milieu
- Documents students’ progress on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Protects confidentiality of students and peers
- Participates in gathering assessment information for each student and, as a team member, plan for student success
- Advocates for and responds to the needs of students
- Approaches responsibilities with enthusiasm, dedication, and energy
- Punctual so the team is in attendance at the start of school
- Performs duties efficiently and is self-motivated to problem solve
- Interacts with students, families, visitors and co-workers with respect
- Approaches others with a positive attitude
- Refrains from gossip
- Offers problem-solving ideas
- Strives for professional excellence
- Follows dress code
- Adheres to policies and procedures
- Monitors students for safety
- Assists teacher in assessing the academic abilities of students
- Assists teacher in performance improvement of student academic progress
- Must have and maintain a level of general physical/ emotional health, which permits effective performance and duties.
- Involves both in-door and out-door activities, on campus and off campus.
- Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have at least one of the following:
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Completed two years of Study at an Institute of Higher Education (48 hours)
- Passed a rigorous state or local assessment demonstrating knowledge of, and the ability to assist in; instruction reading; writing and math. (Paraprofessional Academy through Education Service Center)
- Educational Aide Certification
- Previous experience with children in a professional educational setting.
- Ability to plan and carry out activities for students that promote cooperative, support interactions.
- Experience or training implementing behavior support with Special Education students.
COMPETENCIES: CIP, CPR, First Aid, Valid Texas Driver’s License, annual required staff development
We offer a comprehensive package of benefit options, including:
- Participation in the Texas Teachers Retirement System
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life, Term Life, Permanent Life and Accident Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 403b and 457b Investment Plans
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Critical Illness, Cancer Insurance
- Legal Services